Thursday, August 6, 2009

How Google AdWords Can Help Your Articles Make Money


I write for both Suite 101 and eHow, both of which are residual income earning sites. That means that I receive a portion of the ad click income incurred from each article. Therefore, most articles are dependent on the type of ads that appear beside them. Some ads are higher paying than others, while a few pay nearly nothing. In order to get the most money possible from an individual article, doing some research with Google Adwords can really help to improve earnings.

How do I do this? Whenever I think of a new idea, I simply go here, and insert the name of the title or phrase it revolves around. By clicking 'get keyword ideas' I am presented with a number of associated keywords with my phrase. On the right, under 'Choose Columns Display' I then click on 'Show Estimated Avg. CPC'. CPC stands for cost per click, which is the amount an advertiser is charged when someone clicks on that particular ad. By choosing to use the highest earning keywords in my article (I look for over $3.00 as a starting point), I increase my income whenever related ads show up next to my articles and someone clicks on them.

bedroom organization1 - 3$1.33

135,000
14,800

JunAdd
bedroom furniture sets1 - 3$1.18

246,000
90,500

JunAdd
metal bedroom furniture1 - 3$1.73

90,500
22,200

JunAdd
fitted bedroom furniture1 - 3$3.38

3,600
22,200

MayAdd
rustic bedroom furniture1 - 3$1.75

8,100
8,100

OctAdd
cheap bedroom furniture1 - 3$1.46

49,500
49,500

AprAdd
country bedroom furniture1 - 3$0.96

14,800
12,100

SepAdd

On the articles I have done this with, I have experienced a higher income per article as well as more views. Some topics tend to be higher earners while others have CPC rating as low as $0.05! The key is understanding and learning what topics are bigger earners than others. Implement this system and you are sure to make more money by writing not only for eHow and Suite 101, but any other place on the web where adsense earnings is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails